Thursday, January 12, 2017

David Lynch's Return of the Jedi

Man, how did I miss this excellent fan film trailer imagining what Return of the Jedi would have been like if it was directed by David Lynch?



Lynch directing a Star Wars film sounds ludicrous but truth is sometimes stranger than fiction. Apparently Lucas approached Lynch in 1981 with the prospect of directing the third installment of the franchise.

According to Lynch:
“I went to meet George Lucas, who had offered me the third Star Wars to direct, and I’ve never even really liked science fiction. I like elements of it, but it needs to be combined with other genres. And, obviously, Star Wars was totally George’s thing.”
Lynch turn it down, realizing that he wasn't a good fit for the job. Makes you wonder what the hell was going on with Lucas to consider him in the first place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment