Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Happy B-Day Vangelis (a day late)

I wanted to pay homage to one of my favorite old school electronic/ambient (not to be boxed in) musicians, Evangelos Odysseas Papathanassiou, better known as Vangelis. Though best known for his academy award winning score for the movie Chariots of Fire, he has also composed some lesser known works which are really stunning. Though I have been listening to his music for decades, I still find it emotionally stirring. Yesterday Vangelis turned 68 so happy belated b-day! And here are some of my favorite Vangelis Songs: -Theme from Antarctica -Theme from Missing -Love Theme from Bladerunner -Memories of Green -Reve -Chromatique -Dawn -Morning Papers -Procession -Le Singe Bleu I recommend not watching the videos while you listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment