Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Sunday night jazz with Oscar Treadwell is a treat I rarely am able to enjoy. But on those few occasions when I am travelling in my car during those times I will turn on the radio and chill to the wonderfull combination of jazz, poetry and Oscar's distinctivelly smooth, mellow voice. Though Oscar died in 2006, you can still catch replays of his shows every Sunday night on 91.7 WVXU. Today I wanted to listen to some jazz at work and started surfing the web to find something. To my great joy I discovered that WVXU has archived a great many of his shows and has made them available on their website here. If you have an interest in jazz and are not familiar with the show, I highly recommend you check it out. Kick back, turn the lights down and tune in to some jazz with O.T.

No comments:

Post a Comment